Although the clouds and wind were a little ominous, the sun did come out for a bit this Saturday as we set out to clean up 14th Ave NW and Gemenskap Park! We had 20 volunteers who picked up trash and weeded the medians and Gemenskap Park rain gardens along 14th. Coffee, donated by Tim from Ravenswood Apts, homemade scones from Chris, and fruit from Linda, kept us fueled as we picked up trash from NW 65th all the way to 50th Ave NW.
Big thank-yous go out to the following volunteers who went the extra mile to support this great event. If you want to be on the volunteer call-out list for next time to help organize this event, reach out to email@example.com
- Rob, who donated printing for our flyers!
- Linda, Casey and Holly who posted flyers throughout the neighborhood
- Linda and Dawn who helped load up the car, set up the event, work the event and then break it down. Whew!
- David and Cynthia at Blowing Sands Glass for letting us set up in front of their business
- Casey for picking up the coffee
- Linda for washing the work gloves afterward
…and thank-you to Jody, Rob, Casey, Kenny, Chris, Indu, Emmett, Laura, Waylon, Leon, Mary, Ellen, Mary Pat, Andrew, Sue, Akira, Cy, Pam, Jon, and more who showed up and made a difference by helping us keep the neighborhood looking so nice!
Check out more pics in our Flickr album to see all the fun we had! Thank-you neighbors and we’re looking forward to seeing you again this coming Saturday our 2nd annual Fall Festival in Gemenskap Park!