Seattle Department of Transportation is building a network of greenways and are now studying a potential route connecting Historic Ballard to the Burke-Gilman Trail. Join the conversation and attend the first of two project public meetings.
Open House #1
Monday, May 2
6-7:30 PM, Presentation at 6:30PM
Pacific Crest Montessori School
600 NW Bright St
This meeting is wheelchair accessible via the Bright Street entrance and is served by Metro bus routes 40 and 28. Para solicitar un intérprete, por favor llame al (206) 684-5189 al menos una semana antes de la reunión.
Construction of the Ballard Neighborhood Greenway along 17th Ave NW is nearly complete
There are still a few minor tasks to complete along the greenway so you may still see crews in the area. Work includes:
- Finish sign installation and road striping
- Make drainage repairs at the northeast corner of 17th Ave NW and NW 65th St
- Install additional signs on 17th Ave NW at NW Market St to further clarify new traffic restrictions at this intersection
- The US Post Office will relocate the mail drop box at NW 57th St and 17th Ave NW to the safety island
- Seattle City Light will turn on the new signal at NW Dock Pl and Leary Ave NW
Seattle Public Utilities begins construction for the Ballard Natural Drainage project this spring.